Diameter: 120,536 km
Mass: 95 Earths
Surface Temperature: -139 °C
Year length: 10,759 Earth days
Day length: Approx 10-11 hours
- Saturn is the sixth most visible body in night sky.
- However, despite it not being as bright as other planets it is often visible and rewards observers with its fantastic ring system.
- Saturn’s rings are composed of 9 main rings. These main rings are mostly rock, ice and dust and they extend up to 120,700 km from Saturn’s equator.
- Titan, one of 62 known moons, is the second largest moon in the Solar System. It is larger than the planet Mercury and retains a substantial atmosphere.
- Saturn is named after the Roman god “Saturnus”, god of agriculture.
- The first spacecraft to conduct a flyby was Pioneer 11, in 1979.